Pages

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Midnight Feasts; Brie, Pesto and Tomato Bruschetta

So, it's late in the evening and you're wondering what to do with all that pesto I forced you into making in my last post. Well you make yourself this nice little supper, that's what.

My family have never really grown out of our childhood meal routines. Dinner is at 12 and tea is at 5 and that's bloody well that. However, I'm a growing girl and when it comes to around 10ish, there's nowt on telly and Pinterest has drowned me in picture perfect snacks and neato holiday themed popcakes, I very often find myself staring at the contents of my fridge wondering how I've got there. I'm usually looking for some sort of savoury snack, probably involving cheese in some way, so this is ideal.

Ingrediants (serves 1)
Half a baguette
Pesto
Brie, sliced
A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved

Method
1. Slice the baguette in half and place upside down under a preheated grill for 2-3 mins until the bottom is lightly toasted.
2. Carefully remove and spread with pesto, then top with the tomatoes and slices of brie.
3. Return to the grill for 3-4 mins, until the cheese is becoming golden and bubbly.



The brie should be nice and gooey, tomatoes fresh, bread crusty and satisfyingly chewy, all set off by the vibrant pesto. A perfect hungry girl snack. Naughty.

No comments:

Post a Comment